Saturday, April 27, 2013

Buttons and Bows at One Stop Crafts

Happy Saturday, friends! I am in a totally SPRING mood. I was finally able to open up the windows and let the fresh in. The fur herd was QUITE excited and had to pile on top of each other to sniff the air and get one step closer to the birds. They love having the windows open and it doesn't seem to intimidate the birds, squirrels, and rabbits who peer in at them from the outside. This is an old pic, but the cats are still members of the 7 part fur herd and this is a common site year round at our house.

I made a very spring-ey card for this weeks challenge over at One Stop Crafts Card Challenge. The Design Team received super cute images from our sponsor, Patties Creations. Take a moment to pop over to the challenge blog to see their inspiration and then create and link up your own buttons and bows project.

Thanks for looking! Spicey Cat Chick =^..^=
My Creation
I decided to punch out the center of my flower and fill it in with buttons. I lifted the panel with pop up dots and used a ribbon to cover the edges.
Image Detail
I used glue dots to give a little lift to a few petals and the butterfly.

Inspiration

Ins and Outs ~ Button Flower
Stamps: Pattie’s Creations Thinking of You
Paper:DCWV, SU Whisper White, Jillibean Blossom Soup
Ink: Laser Printer; Copics (V93, 95; BV23, 25; Y11, 15; R32, 35, 37)
Accessories: SU Ruffled Ribbon Wisteria Wonder

8 comments:

  1. This creation is absolutely a masterpiece! The center of the flowers is just a perfect focal point. "Love it" Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Lynnel
    CDAC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    I LOVE your kitties!!!!
    Thanks for sharing them too.
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!! What a CLEVER idea to use the buttons....such a cool effect!!! LOVE IT!!!!

    AND your kitties are adorable too....the 4th one from the left looks like my old girl Spunky - gosh I miss her terribly!!!!

    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card, Cat! Wonderful use of the buttons for the flower center. Thanks so much for playing along in the CDAC Challenges!!
    Christine - CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all the cats, so aorable! My cat also likes to hang out in front of the window. Your card is lovely! Thanks for entering in Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cat - I'm definitely sending Pattie over to look at your creation! Very clever to use the flower center as your button area. This is awesome!
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC SEASONAL CHALLENGE
    Sandi ♥ Member of the CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,
    This is so different! I love how you colored my "Thinking of You" image...

    Hugs
    Pattie
    Pattie's Creations Digital Images

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping! I am so inspired by the amazing crafty blogs out there and honored you took the time to visit my little corner of the world.

Kitty Kisses and Blessings ~ Cat Spicer